Condor Public License - Version 1.1
Condor Public License
Version 1.1, October 30, 2003
Copyright © 1990-2006 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved. For more information contact: Condor Team, Attention: Professor Miron Livny, Dept of Computer Sciences, 1210 W. Dayton St., Madison, WI 53706-1685, (608) 262-0856 or email@example.com.
This software referred to as the Condor® Version 6.x software ("Software") was developed by the Condor Project, Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, under the authority of the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System and includes voluntary contributions made to the Condor Project ("Copyright Holders and Contributors and the University"). For more information on the Condor Project, please see http://www.condorproject.org/.
Installation, use, reproduction, display, modification and redistribution of this Software, with or without modification, in source and binary forms, are permitted. Any exercise of rights under this license including sublicenses by you is subject to the following conditions:
1. Redistributions of this Software, with or without modification, must reproduce this Condor Public License in: (1) the Software, and (2) any user documentation or other similar material which is provided with the Software.
2. Any user documentation included with a redistribution must include the following notice:
``This product includes software from the Condor® Project (http://www.condorproject.org/)"
Alternatively, if that is where third-party acknowledgments normally appear, this acknowledgment must be reproduced in the Software itself.
3. Any academic report, publication, or other academic disclosure of results obtained with this Software will acknowledge this Software's use by an appropriate citation.
4. The name Condor® is a registered trademark of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The trademark may not be used to endorse or promote software, or products derived therefrom, and, other than as required by section 2 and 3 above, it may not be affixed to modified redistributions of this Software without the prior written approval, obtainable via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. To the extent that patent claims licensable by the University of Wisconsin-Madison are necessarily infringed by the use or sale of the Software, you are granted a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty- free perpetual license under such patent claims, with the rights for you to make, use, sell, offer to sell, import and otherwise transfer the Software in source code and object code form and derivative works. This patent license shall apply to the combination of the Software with other software if, at the time the Software is added by you, such addition of the Software causes such combination to be covered by such patent claims. This patent license shall not apply to any other combinations which include the Software. No hardware per se is licensed hereunder.If you or any subsequent sub-licensee (a ``Recipient") institutes patent litigation against any entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Software infringes such Recipient's patent(s), then such Recipient's rights granted (directly or indirectly) under the patent license above shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed. All sublicenses to the Software which have been properly granted prior to termination shall survive any termination of said patent license, if not otherwise terminated pursuant to this section.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS AND THE UNIVERSITY "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE ARE DISCLAIMED. THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS AND THE UNIVERSITY MAKE NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE SOFTWARE, MODIFICATIONS, ENHANCEMENTS OR DERIVATIVE WORKS THEREOF, WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, TRADE SECRET OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHT.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS AND ANY OTHER OFFICER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF THE UNIVERSITY SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO LICENSEE OR OTHER PERSONS FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
8. Certain uses and transfers of the Software or documentation, and/or items or software incorporating the Condor Software or documentation, may require a license under U.S. Export Control laws. Licensee represents and warrants that all uses and transfers of the Condor Software or documentation and/or any items or software incorporating Condor shall be in compliance with U.S. Export Control laws, and Licensee further understands that failure to comply with such export control laws may result in criminal liability to Licensee under U.S. laws.
9. The Condor Team may publish revised and/or new versions of this Condor Public License (``this License") from time to time. Each version will be given a distinguishing version number. Once Software has been published under a particular version of this License, you may always continue to use it under the terms of that version. You may also choose to use such Software under the terms of any subsequent version of this License published by the Condor Team. No one other than the Condor Team has the right to modify the terms of this License.
For more information:
Attention: Professor Miron Livny
No comments so far. You can be the first!
<< Last Work in Licenses
Current Work in Licenses
Condor Public License - Version 1.1
Next Work in Licenses >>
All Nearby Works in Licenses